The primary goal of the Wellington Collegians Junior Cricket Club (WCJCC) is to give children the opportunity to play cricket in a fun and safe enviornment. We want children to improve their skills and play the game in a positive and respectful way.
Players and parents are required to read and follow our Policies and Procedures here and Code of Conduct here.
Wellington Collegians Junior Code of Conduct
Player and parent behaviour is governed by this Code of Conduct
- Participate according to the rules and play within the spirit of the game.
- Display sportsmanship and teamwork, acknowledge and encourage good performance, whether by teammates or opponents.
- Cooperate with and show respect for the coach, teammates, opponents, and parents.
- Accept, abide by, and show respect for the decisions of officials without dissent.
- Respect and contribute to leadership and decision-making roles in the team and the competitions in which they participate.
- Play the game safely, using suitable equipment appropriately and protection from the sun.
- Encourage children to play by the rules and within the spirit of the game.
- Focus on effort, skill development and performance, rather than on the outcome.
- Praise children for the good things they do, rather than criticise them for making mistakes or losing.
- Acknowledge and encourage good performance by the players in both teams, and teach children to do the same.
- Be courteous in communication with players and parents of both teams, coaches and administrators, and teach children to do the same.
- Accept and show respect for the decisions of officials without dissent, and teach children to do the same.
- Accept and show respect for policies and decisions around team allocation and representative team selection, and teach children to do the same.
- Ensure that children play the game safely, using suitable protective equipment for their age and ability, and protecting themselves from the sun.
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches and administrators and show appreciation and support for the time, effort and resources they put into junior cricket.
Issues and Complaints
- In the event of an on-field or off-field issue involving a player or parent from either team, the matter should be brought to the coach or manager of the WCJCC team in the first instance.
- In cases where the coach or manager is unable to resolve an issue brought to them to the satisfaction of all concerned, the coach or manager is to elevate the issue to the WCJCC Grade Coordinator.
- In cases where the WCJCC Grade Coordinator is unable to resolve an issue elevated to them to the satisfaction of all concerned, the WCJCC Grade Coordinator is to elevate the issue to the WCJCC Committee.
- The WCJCC Committee will determine the best course of action for any issue elevated to them. If required, the Chair of the Committee will be responsible for making chair-to-chair contact if the issue involves another club. If required, the Chair of the Committee will be responsible for making contact with Cricket Wellington.