Wellington Collegians Cricket Club

Hawkes Bay Cricket 2018/19

The Hawke’s Bay Cricket Camps were established in 1979 and have been organised by the Hawke’s Bay Cricket Association since the 2001/2002 cricket season. They have been a very successful breeding ground for a number of first class and New Zealand cricketers with Ross Taylor, Jamie How, Jeetan Patel, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Mike Mason, Ben Stokes (England), Scott Styris, Kane Williamson, Doug Bracewell, Trent Boult, Sara McGlashan and Sophie Devine to name a few.

The camps are held in the January school holidays. High emphasis is on enjoyment and participation for the children but there is also a large element based on coaching and development. They are seen as a huge part of the growth of cricket in the North Island.

Wellington Collegians Junior Cricket Club sends teams to Hawke’s Bay each year, usually in every grade from Year 5 to Year 8 and frequently more than one team in each grade. This is a fantastic opportunity for keen young cricketers to develop their skills playing a concentrated spell of matches on excellent pitches in the Hawke's Bay region. Collegians players who attend often return year after year, such is their enjoyment.

Grades: please note grades are based on School Years which is in line with Cricket Wellington junior club grades. All tournaments are based on Term 4, 2017 teams.

2018/19 Hawkes Bay dates

Registrations of player interest should be made directly from parents to your child’s Grade Coordinator.

Further details are available on the tournament website.