Wellington Collegians Cricket Club

Coach, Manager and Scorer Resources

Coach and Manager Resources

Big Changes to Junior Cricket This Season

There are a number of mandatory changes being introduced to junior cricket by NZ Cricket this season - view the following video that explains the changes:

You can also view a graphic summary of NZ Cricket's "ages for stages" programme HERE.

Coaching requirements have also been revised, details HERE.

Probably the key point here is that you don't need a strong background or skills in cricket to coach. What you do need is some enthusiasm and an ability to manage a group of kids. 

1.  NZ Cricket run a series of courses suitable for all junior coaching levels.  Details can be found HERE.  The first couple of courses are mainly on-line, and the club pays any fees associated with them.  The club would like to see all coaches and potential coaches undertake the Foundation and Advanced Foundation courses.

2.  To register as a coach please visit HERE. Once registered you can check on your progress HERE.

3.  NZ Cricket has also produced   a range of support materials for practices.  These can be found by following the links below:

Week by week planning session for 5-10 year olds HERE

Skills for Years 1 & 2 (5-7 year olds) HERE

Skills for Years 3 & 4 (8-9 year olds) HERE

Skills for Years 5 & 6 (10-11 year olds) HERE

Skills for year 7 & 8 (12-13 year olds) HERE

3.  NZ Cricket have introduced a number of mandatory requirements for coaches for the 2018/19 season. A summary of these requirements can be found HERE and the clubs grade convenors will liaise with all coaches regarding these requirements.

4.   NZ Cricket overview of rules and other information can be found HERE.

Scorer Resources

With the world moving on-line, we encourage all our scorers of hard ball cricket to use CricHQ for scoring of games.  View CricHQ online training resources HERE. We will also be running scoring workshops using CricHQ during the season.

For soft ball grades, you can download scoresheets and instructions on how to record the score:

Year 2 and Year 3 Grade:

Year 4 Grade:

Cricket Scoring: