Wellington Collegians Cricket Club

Coach, Manager and Scorer Resources

Coach and Manager Resources

The aim is to make junior cricket engaging to get more kids  playing . (Summary of NZ Cricket's "ages for stages" programme HERE)

You don't need a strong background or skills in cricket to coach or manage. What you do need is enthusiasm and an ability to manage a group of kids.

• NZ Cricket run a series of courses suitable for all junior coaching levels and details can be found HERE . Wellington Collegians Junior Club pays any fees associated with the courses and encourages all coaches (and potential coaches) to do the Foundation and Advanced Foundation courses.

• To register as a coach please visit HERE and once registered you can check on your progress HERE.

• NZ Cricket has a range of support materials to run practices. Check them out here:

Week by week planning session for 5-10 year olds HERE

Skills for Years 1 & 2 (5-7 year olds) HERE

Skills for Years 3 & 4 (8-9 year olds) HERE

Skills for Years 5 & 6 (10-11 year olds) HERE

Skills for Years 7 & 8 (12-13 year olds) HERE

• NZ Cricket have introduced  mandatory requirements for coaches. A summary of these requirements can be found here and grade coordinators will help our coaches with these requirements.

Scorer Resources

We encourage all hard ball cricket scorers to use CricHQ.  View CricHQ online training resources HERE. We will also be running scoring workshops using CricHQ during the season - look out for further details.

For soft ball grades, you can download scoresheets and instructions on how to record the score:

Year 2 and Year 3 Grade:

Year 4 Grade: