Wellington Collegians Cricket Club

Wellington Collegians Hall Of Fame Celebration - 2 February 2019

We have initiated a Wellington Collegians Hall of Fame in 2019 - our 170th year as a club.  

The inaugural induction dinner will be held at St Johns Bar on the 2nd February 2019.

This event will bring together past and present members of the Wellington Collegians Cricket club to celebrate the first four inductees to the Hall of Fame.  This nicely complements the many early February festivities with Wellington taking on CD in the Super Smash on the Friday night 1 Feb and the Black Caps taking on India in Wellington on the Sunday, and Waitangi day Wednesday to recover!

Please join us to celebrate Trevor McMahon, Penny Kinsella, Bert Vance and Bert Kortlang.  We encourage the early purchase of tickets which can be secured on the following link https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2019/wellington-collegians-cricket-club-hall-of-fame-dinner/wellington

This occasion presents the club with an opportunity to rekindle friendships, while celebrating the first 4 of our Collegians greats to be inaugurated into the Hall of Fame.  These inductees span from pre-World War One right up to the early 2000s and are just a small testament to the rich history of our club.  All inductees have played for the club and represented NZ while at the club. 

The first tranch of inductees include Penny Kinsella - the highest annual run scorer ever in senior club cricket, with over 100 caps for Wellington, and Bert Kortlang - a coach of Sir Donald Bradman.

Tickets for the event are $89.00, with some of the proceeds going back to the club. Your ticket entitles you to a drink on arrival, nibbles, and a two course meal.

There are limited spaces available for this event so get in early and be part of Wellington Collegians history.

It is planned that our inductees will be further honoured through their names being linked to junior sides. Your participation in the event will therefore honour our past and support Collegians cricket for current and future generations.

We encourage club sides, friends and family to utilise the event to bring together your teammates across eras of the club’s 170 year history 1849-2019.Further details of our inductees illustrious careers will be made available in the lead up to the event through the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wellingtoncollegianscricketclub/

For more information regarding this event please contact: collegianschariman@gmail.com